[IPT] how to do when you have more than one sampling method for the same plant plot

Rui Figueira ruifigueira at isa.ulisboa.pt
Tue Jul 21 10:11:39 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Thanks, Andrea and André :-) for your replies.

Just to be clear, this is how I should do:

In the event core, I leave `samplingProtocol` blank, because each event
will have two sampling methods. The sampling method should be included
in `measurementType`of the (Extended)MeasurementsOrFacts DwC Extension.

If using the ExtendedMeasurementsOrFacts, as Andrea recommends, I should
include the occurrence ID from table occurrences in the column
`occurrenceID`.

Is this correct?

I am curious what will happen when GBIF ingests the data. Will any of
the sampling methods be associated with the occurrences?

Cheers,

Rui

Rui Figueira
Coordenador do Nó Português do GBIF
ruifigueira at isa.ulisboa.pt
Instituto Superior de Agronomia
Herbário
Tapada da Ajuda, 1349-017 Lisboa, Portugal
Tel. +351 213653165 | Fax. +351 213653195
http://www.gbif.pt
http://www.isa.ulisboa.pt