[IPT] CentOS IPT Install

Laura Russell larussell at vertnet.org
Fri Mar 23 17:57:22 CET 2012

I'm having difficulty with a CentOS IPT Install that I'm doing for the Field
Museum (in Chicago, I'm remote to their server from Kansas).  The Field IT
staff enabled their Tomcat on the server. And I've deployed the IPT.
Permissions on the iptdata folder seem to be okay as it created all the
folders and extension files in the first step.

They are running
CentOS 5.2
Tomcat 5.5.23
Java  1.6

I'm getting the following error when trying to complete the second setup
page on the IPT.

"The Base URL does not point to an IPT installation that is accessible from
this computer."

The URL is accessible outside of the firewall.  I've also tried it with the
IP address and get the same error.

I chatted with Tim Robertson a bit yesterday and I've had the Field IT staff
check that the port is open for both incoming and outgoing connections.
They do not think their firewall is the issue so I'm looking at other
possibilities.

I've attached the Catalina.out file and the IPT Admin and Debug logs.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks.

Laura Russell
VertNet Programmer