[Bid-community] Avoiding repetitive data entry

Monica moediwakitso at btcmail.co.bw
Fri Sep 8 14:43:16 CEST 2017

Katia – thank you very much!

Monica

From: Katia Cezón [mailto:katia at gbif.es]
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2017 2:38 PM
To: Monica; bid-community at lists.gbif.org
Cc: t8w6m8s3h2j2x3h0 at gbifhuntingrecords.slack.com
Subject: RE: [Bid-community] Avoiding repetitive data entry

Hi Monica!

There is an easy way to reuse the metadata of a resource when creating a new
one. You just have to download the eml file created after publishing a
resource, and use this file to create a new resource as a metadata-only
dataset. Here I attach some instructions:

1.       Download the eml file from the “download” area located in your
original resource

2.       Create a new resource selecting the type “metadata-only” and

3.       Once created you will have your new IPT resource with exactly the
same metadata than the original. Don’t forget to change the metadata that
doesn’t fit and changing the type of resource to the correct type
(occurrence, checklist, etc.). You can do this from the “Basic Metadata”
section.

This process is worth only if there are many metadata that match, so you
should evaluate if it saves you work.

I hope I have explained properly : ) Maybe some colleague can give you other
options.

Best regards!!

Katia