[Bid-community] Avoiding repetitive data entry

Katia Cezón katia at gbif.es
Fri Sep 8 14:37:37 CEST 2017

Hi Monica!

There is an easy way to reuse the metadata of a resource when creating a new one. You just have to download the eml file created after publishing a resource, and use this file to create a new resource as a metadata-only dataset. Here I attach some instructions:

1.       Download the eml file from the "download" area located in your original resource

[cid:image008.jpg at 01D328AE.A6ADE0B0]

2.       Create a new resource selecting the type "metadata-only" and loading the eml downloaded in the previous step.

[cid:image009.jpg at 01D328AE.A6ADE0B0]

3.       Once created you will have your new IPT resource with exactly the same metadata than the original. Don't forget to change the metadata that doesn't fit and changing the type of resource to the correct type (occurrence, checklist, etc.). You can do this from the "Basic Metadata" section.
[cid:image007.png at 01D328AE.5C565A60]
This process is worth only if there are many metadata that match, so you should evaluate if it saves you work.
I hope I have explained properly : ) Maybe some colleague can give you other options.

Best regards!!

Katia