[IPT] digir/tapirlink useful features ... Howto in IPT?

Herbario SANT sant.herbarium at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 11:25:25 CET 2011

Thanks again Tim

When you say "there are tools that do ad hoc querying", what tools are
you referring to? You meant querying IPT as well? Is there a page
summarizing them?

I meant something equivalent to digir/tapirlink client interfaces, so
that a developer can use them to launch direct queries to an IPT
provider, the way it was possible to query a digir/tapirlink provider?

A real example: query a provider and filter using StateProvince DwC
field and get access even to the latest added data even if these are
still not available at gbif.org data portals? This is something we
used to do with digir but we can't do using gbif.org data portal
(StateProvince is not one of the filtering options).

I know StateProvince is not a very standardised concept so different
providers use not the same way when referring to the same territory.
But as a developer, I can know all those different ways (for a certain
StateProvince of my interest) and create a web page that shows data
from some specific data providers (those I know to hold many records
from this StateProvince). How do I adapt my digir/tapirlink based web
portal when I know that one of the providers of my interest is gonna
change from digir to IPT.

Thanks in advance
David

--