[IPT] GBIF Case 1773: UTF8

Burke Chih-Jen Ko (GBIF) bko at gbif.org
Fri Aug 12 14:59:17 CEST 2011

And have you tried Tim's suggestion?

Could you try issuing \s command in the mysql client shell to show it's character set settings?
That would show information like this:

Connection id:		37141
Current database:
Current user:		root at localhost
SSL:			Not in use
Current pager:		stdout
Using outfile:		''
Using delimiter:	;
Server version:		5.1.56 Source distribution
Protocol version:	10
Connection:		Localhost via UNIX socket
Server characterset:	utf8
Db     characterset:	utf8
Client characterset:	utf8
Conn.  characterset:	utf8
UNIX socket:		/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
Uptime:			41 days 22 hours 43 min 50 sec

Threads: 1  Questions: 597738  Slow queries: 20  Opens: 2328  Flush tables: 1  Open tables: 64  Queries per second avg: 0.164

which contains character set settings.

Cheers,

Burke