[IPT] FW: UTF8

GBIF Helpdesk helpdesk at gbif.org
Thu Aug 11 09:26:39 CEST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Mickael Graf [mailto:Mickael.Graf at nrm.se]
Sent: 10 August 2011 16:25
To: helpdesk at gbif.org
Subject: UTF8

Hi,

I am testing IPT 2 and NRM RingedBirds is the guinea pig.

Well, I have some issue with the encoding because, while swedish characters
work fine with TapirLink (see http://www.gbif.se/tapir/tapir_client.php,
choose NRM-RingedBirds and make an inventory over StateProvince), it's a
mess with IPT, both as a preview and as a zipped file. For instance 'Närke'
is displayed as 'Närke'. This happens regardless of the character encoding
chosen under /source.do. The original data is UTF8, but then I don't know if
any settings in tomcat need to be changed.

Do you have some knowledge about this issue? I am very bad at java, so I
don't know where to look (and issue 418 doesn't help).

Cheers,
Mickaël