[IPT] VASCAN metadata can now be downloaded as RTF

info at pensoft.net info at pensoft.net
Wed Aug 10 10:16:17 CEST 2011

Hi Peter,

I would like to resume our attempt to produce the first data paper in
botany using the IPT. PhytoKeys enjoyed really a LOT of attention at the
IBC2011 in Melbourne and I think now is the time to show a new data
publishing model in botany.

I remember there were some changes to do on IPT, but nevertheless, they
should not prevent us from publishing a data paper, even we have to
correct few things in the final manuscript manually.

Best regards,
Lyubo

On 9.8.2011 г. 17:08 ч., Burke Chih-Jen Ko (GBIF) wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Just noticed the link here has been updated, I reply here so later when people search the archive they can still find your awesome customisation!
>
> http://data.canadensys.net/ipt
> http://data.canadensys.net/ipt/resource.do?r=vascan
> http://data.canadensys.net/ipt/rtf.do?r=vascan
>
> Burke
>
> On Jun 1, 2011, at 10:57 PM, Peter Desmet wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I was intrigued by GBIF's announcement regarding publishing
>> biodiversity data (http://bit.ly/m8hR6U), so I updated our IPT
>> (http://ipt.canadensys.net) to 2.0.2 and republished our dataset
>> (http://ipt.canadensys.net/resource.do?r=vascan). Users can now export
>> the Database of Vascular Plants of Canada metadata as RTF
>> (http://ipt.canadensys.net/rtf.do?r=vascan) and we could even submit
>> this as a data paper to a Pensoft journal. Really cool and very easy!
>>
>> Good job IPT team!
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> PS: When I find some time, I'm going to dig a bit deeper in the RTF
>> file and see how the EML->RTF transition went.
>>
>> --
>> Peter Desmet
>> Biodiversity Informatics Manager / Directeur de l'informatique de la
>> biodiversité
>> Biodiversity Centre / Centre sur la biodiversité de l'Université de Montréal
>> Canadensys - www.canadensys.net
>>
>> Institut de recherche en biologie végétale
>> Université de Montréal
>> 4101 rue Sherbrooke est
>> Montréal, Québec, H1X2B2
>> Canada