[IPT] star schema functionality request

Eli Agbayani eagbayani at eol.org
Fri May 8 17:26:53 CEST 2009

Markus, Tim,
It is a concern for EOL usage of the IPT that the star schema is missing the functionality to add extension to another extension and not just always to the main DWC. The denormalized approach of doing actually this doesn't look good and providers will not like it.

Another concern is the size of the recordset if we will (denormalize) repeat the main data object many times to accommodate many references, agents, audience type associated with it.

We will continue testing IPT's usage for EOL while trying to minimize the overhead of the denormalized approach. But it would really be helpful to add the functionality making the star schema more relational.

Thanks.
Eli