[IPT] Problem with setenv.sh

Peter Desmet peter.desmet.cubc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 16:53:33 CET 2009

Hi all,

I wanted to increase the memory of Tomcat, so I copied the setenv.sh
Tim provided to the bin directory, but this breaks Tomcat
(http://localhost:8080/ can not be found). Removing the file and
restarting Tomcat fixes the problem.
I also discovered some warnings in Terminal when I want to
./shutdown.sh Tomcat, which weren't there before.

Are there other ways to increase the memory, and how can I check how
much memory is allocated to Tomcat?

I use apache-tomcat-6.0.18 on Mac OS X (10.5.6) with 4GB SDRAM.
The setenv.sh file contains Tim's:
export JAVA_OPTS="-server -XX:+UseParallelGC -Xmx2048m
-XX:MaxPermSize=1024m -Xms1024m -Djava.awt.headless=true"

Peter

--
Peter Desmet
Biodiversity Informatics Manager / Directeur de l'informatique de la

Institut de recherche en biologie végétale
Université de Montréal
4101, rue Sherbrooke est
Montréal, Québec, H1X 2B2
Canada