[IPT] Problem with setenv.sh

"Markus Döring (GBIF)" mdoering at gbif.org
Thu Feb 5 17:16:26 CET 2009

Peter,
I usually specify the memory settings and other java options directly
inside the tomcat/bin/catalina.sh script.
If you add at the top of the file, just below the comments explaining
the parameters, this line:

# increase memory
JAVA_OPTS="-Xms256m -Xmx2024M"

you should then be using up to 2gig of memory.
You can change the *maximum* amount of memory usable by the Java
Virtual Machine by changing -Xmx2024M to your desired size.

The easiest way to monitor the real memory consumption on a mac is to
open /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor and watch your processes.
Does this work for you?

Markus