[IPT] IPT Maven build error

"Markus Döring (GBIF)" mdoering at gbif.org
Thu Aug 27 19:07:22 CEST 2009

no reason for being java6 only, really not intended. The POM specifies
to build java5 classes and my eclipse compiler settings actually say
java5 compliant.
But thats not true as you have found out. When I use java5 as the
default compiler in eclipse I see the DataResource class is in trouble.

The SQLException is old, but unfortunately not the specific constructor:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/sql/SQLException.html

I have fixed DataResource and comitted it to the trunk.
That was all there is to make it java5 compliant again.

The stupid maven doesnt find the symbol/class error doesnt occurr here.
really strange. I always had the feeling this is because of the WAR
overlays and the AppFuse framework.
Maybe its time to get rid of it and keep the IPT independant of
AppFuse - but that is a bit of work...

Ah, and Ive changed the POM profiles so that:
- by default no tests are run, so $mvn should work now to get jetty up
and running
- a new profile -P test is added that uses the gbif test registry and
does run all tests

Markus