[IPT] IPT Maven build error

"Markus Döring (GBIF)" mdoering at gbif.org
Thu Aug 27 18:49:56 CEST 2009

just quick guys:
we only use maven from the commandline, but run main classes and JUnit
tests from within eclipse.
I used eclipse 3.3 and 3.4 so far on OSX

to setup an eclipse IPT project I do:

a) svn checkout ...   # into folder workspace/ipt
b) mvn eclipse:eclipse # generates eclipse artifacts but uses the
M2_REPO variable to locate your local maven repository
c) set the M2_REPO variable via project properties-> java build path -
 > add variable to point to your local maven repository (on OSX this
is ~/.m2/repository)
d) mvn -P prod # runs IPT locally with jetty on port 8080, skips
tests, uses gbifs production registry and a local data dir in the
webapps folder

if you use no profile at all and just run $mvn jetty IPT should use
jetty on port 8080.
But because currently not all tests succeed the build fails.

I have to admit that I switched to Java6 during this year, so there
might be issues with java5.
Although we run IPT using the WAR on gbif servers with java5 currently
and there is no real reason why java5 should not be supported.
If so, this is not intended and could surely be solved rather simply
(e.g. SQLException I will look into).

sorry for being brief, but hope this still helps a bit.
Markus