[GloBI] Ontology of Biotic Interactions?

John Oswald j-oswald at tamu.edu
Wed Dec 19 02:56:12 CET 2018

Hi Jorrit,
     See below…

Hey John -

I've shared your desire to get a table of interactions terms of the Relations Ontology (RO) with Chris Mungall, the maintainer of RO (cc-ed) via https://github.com/oborel/obo-relations/issues/295<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_oborel_obo-2Drelations_issues_295&d=DwMDaQ&c=ODFT-G5SujMiGrKuoJJjVg&r=n0isp79O1WSTtoOYJGr1_rF-2PrQuw41UXGiGQ_Rpb8&m=qe_jiiQq2Of1OAuPqNYQ2uIX0GtADtE74rHucbwkhRo&s=dueHTDSXJypeq0FI5lQj-v8NXbzS4gf6JC039fe2nsw&e=> .

---Thanks for forwarding the request.

Meanwhile, I've created a minimal table of RO interaction terms for you to consider:

https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/nomer/blob/master/nomer/src/test/resources/org/globalbioticinteractions/nomer/match/ro.tsv<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_globalbioticinteractions_nomer_blob_master_nomer_src_test_resources_org_globalbioticinteractions_nomer_match_ro.tsv&d=DwMDaQ&c=ODFT-G5SujMiGrKuoJJjVg&r=n0isp79O1WSTtoOYJGr1_rF-2PrQuw41UXGiGQ_Rpb8&m=qe_jiiQq2Of1OAuPqNYQ2uIX0GtADtE74rHucbwkhRo&s=bLOnkmZ-Oq5JmC7nW_pIrM2xdeQGi8klGvn-2QGHVpI&e=>

or

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/globalbioticinteractions/nomer/master/nomer/src/test/resources/org/globalbioticinteractions/nomer/match/ro.tsv<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__raw.githubusercontent.com_globalbioticinteractions_nomer_master_nomer_src_test_resources_org_globalbioticinteractions_nomer_match_ro.tsv&d=DwMDaQ&c=ODFT-G5SujMiGrKuoJJjVg&r=n0isp79O1WSTtoOYJGr1_rF-2PrQuw41UXGiGQ_Rpb8&m=qe_jiiQq2Of1OAuPqNYQ2uIX0GtADtE74rHucbwkhRo&s=1iHGLvubXqi0EY1ZO8BnnOrL_5o_D--oPUoq5lCjvgg&e=>

---Thanks for this. But, to a systematist with world interests, this is a bit like just having access to a list of the species from one country. In order to evaluate how I might incorporate text and identifiers from the RO into my data capture, management, and sharing activities, I need to see the whole list. With only a partial list I don’t know how complete or incomplete the term-set in the RO is, so can’t evaluate its potential utility as a starting point for efforts on my end.

If you have suggestions on adding terms (I am sure the list is incomplete), please do share / document them via https://github.com/oborel/obo-relations#requesting-new-relations<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_oborel_obo-2Drelations-23requesting-2Dnew-2Drelations&d=DwMDaQ&c=ODFT-G5SujMiGrKuoJJjVg&r=n0isp79O1WSTtoOYJGr1_rF-2PrQuw41UXGiGQ_Rpb8&m=qe_jiiQq2Of1OAuPqNYQ2uIX0GtADtE74rHucbwkhRo&s=ZHSYxVNjDBCwzzZDQGY_xeoPClMCs9V1r-wtXtfwHxc&e=> . If that is doesn't work for you, please feel free to share a list here and we can probably figure something out.

---As implied above, until I can see the complete list of terms it is not really possible to begin to assess what additions it might be useful to make to the existing set of relations.

Cheers,

John

Hope this helps,

-jorrit