[API-users] How to request complete taxonomic classification data for a taxon using GBIF web services?

Geoff Shuetrim geoff at galexy.net
Wed Aug 27 06:56:54 CEST 2014

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the detailed response on how to work with the checklists.  Just
to clarify, I think the ITIS checklist UUID is
29675850-b60f-11e1-bd72-00145eb45e9a based on information at:

http://www.gbif.org/dataset/29675850-b60f-11e1-bd72-00145eb45e9a

If that is right, then for *Ecsenius bicolor*, I guessed that I should try
to get the taxonomic classification based on the ITIS checklist using:

http://api.gbif.org/v1/species/106963049/related?datasetKey=29675850-b60f-11e1-bd72-00145eb45e9a

but that returns an empty list.

Regards

Geoff Shuetrim