[Ala-portal] [Indexation] Questions

David.Martin at csiro.au David.Martin at csiro.au
Wed May 25 21:26:51 CEST 2016

Thanks Marie. Just quick answers (im currently on leave)

1. BIE isnt required, but there should be an index on the biocache service machine in the usual place (/data/lucence/namematching). This will then be used for taxon resolution.

2. Im surprised this causes an issue. Whitespace in those codes can be an issue.

3. Can you supply more detail ? A NPE would suggest a bug or bad config. The way we index large datasets is to use the offline method of indexing using the "bulk-processor" option in the command line tool.

Dave