[Ala-portal] [Indexation] Questions

Marie Elise Lecoq melecoq at gbif.fr
Tue May 24 19:36:05 CEST 2016

Hi all !

I  have few questions about the indexation :

1. It seems that some occurrences are wrongly indexed. For example, if I
search "Pica Pica", the three first results will be not relevant (
http://recherche.gbif.fr/occurrences/search?taxa=Pica+pica). Do I need to
change something on the nameindexer ? I don't have a BIE instance on our
system, do I need to install one in order to help ?

2. We have some provider codes with punctuation (e.g. comma, dot ). It's
seems that the link between collection, institution and dataresource is not
made due to this. It works with accents.

3. I try to index a data resource with more than 20 million occurrences and
I have a NullPointerException, it's seems that guid is not found. I can
upload data resource with much less data inside so I guess the problem
comme from the data resource itself (size ?). Do you have a special way to
deal with huge data resource ?

Thanks in advance for your help :-)!
Cheers,
Marie