[IPT] [EXTERNAL] Re: How does one upload large datasets to GBIF?

Simpson, Annie asimpson at usgs.gov
Tue Jul 7 15:48:25 UTC 2020

Thank you, Laura, for your replies.

The datasets have been exported from databases and cleaned. They are generally UTF-8 tab delimited files. So it seems that the GBIF Registry API would be the correct solution.

We currently have 8 of these large datasets, only 2 of which would not be updated in the future. Do you have names of GBIF Product Team Members whom my technical team should contact to begin this process? Is there "how to" documentation you can point me to that they should read first?

Annie