[IPT] EZID, ARK and DOI

Tim Robertson trobertson at gbif.org
Mon Jul 8 18:52:46 CET 2019

Hi Beth

I had a long call with Thomas Orrell about your case. I understood from that, the SI put ARKs (through EZID) on your records, assets and datasets in upstream systems which will still operate normally with an IPT (i.e. you map them to your occurrenceID). The IPT can be configured to issue dataset level identifiers by authenticating directly with EZID. It is that integration we believe now has issue but is not being used to our knowledge. Please say if you think otherwise though.

Thanks
Tim