[IPT] Daily feeds and archive history

Kennedy, Jonathan jonathan_kennedy at harvard.edu
Mon Feb 18 18:30:43 CET 2019

Hi All,

I am finishing an upgrade to the Harvard University Herbaria IPT instance and have configured our feeds for daily auto-publish. The HUH has invested in a mass digitization workflow and we are currently creating ~20,000 new vascular records per month (with minimal data), so we do have new records on a daily basis. However, our DwC archives are fairly large (100MB+), so we can’t keep the daily archive history. I am looking for guidance on how it will work with GBIF dataset citation if we do not preserve each daily archive. It seems problematic if a version of our dataset is used and cited but cannot be reconstructed.

Best regards,
Jonathan A. Kennedy
Director of Biodiversity Informatics
Harvard University Herbaria,
Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology