[IPT] Registering a new data provider

Tim Robertson trobertson at gbif.org
Sat Jan 28 13:28:26 CET 2017

Hi Quentin,

I hope you are well.

Registration of organisations is something managed in the GBIF registry.  Once registered an IPT administrator can add the organisation in their IPT (see the admin section) which requires the organisation password.

If the university is already registered in GBIF we can give you the password now if you let us know which it is (http://www.gbif.org/publisher/search)

If not, can you please fill this form which will trigger the endorsement process?  Once the Node manager of the country or the Node Managers Committee endorse the dataset we can give you the password.
  http://www.gbif.org/publishing-data/request-endorsement

The reason this endorsement step exists is to ensure the appropriate connections are made within the country.  For example the Node manager might wish to reach out and discuss e.g. support services.

Best wishes,
Tim