[IPT] IPT v2.2 - release candidate

Paul J. Morris mole at morris.net
Tue Mar 3 16:12:10 CET 2015

On Tue, 3 Mar 2015 13:18:35 +0100
Kyle Braak <kbraak at gbif.org> wrote:
> Best practice is that the license applied to the dataset should not
> contradict the license(s) applied at the record level.

I think this imposes a requirement that the dataset level metadata can have a value which indicates that rights are described at the record level rather than at the dataset level.  Otherwise, it imposes a requirement on data providers that they create a unique resource for each separate rights statement, this will be a problem for any provider who has more than one rights assertion in their data, and for intermediate aggregators who are combining data sets from downstream profiders and passing them on to other aggregators upstream.

-Paul
--
Paul J. Morris
Biodiversity Informatics Manager