[IPT] Access IPT via web services

Doug Palmer Doug.Palmer at csiro.au
Thu Nov 20 23:05:26 CET 2014

Thanks Kyle,

I need to grab the datasets before they go to GBIF, so RSS-ho

Doug

On 20/11/14 21:57, Kyle Braak wrote:
> Dear Doug,
>
> Perhaps you could use the GBIF Portal API
> <http://www.gbif.org/developer/summary>? This is how we generate IPT
> statistics: http://www.gbif.org/ipt/stats Going this route there is
> the caveat, however, that the datasets you are interested in will have
> to be registered with GBIF.
>
> Otherwise the IPT’s RSS feed is your best bet.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Kyle
>
> PS: Anyone is welcome to submit an enhancement request
> <https://code.google.com/p/gbif-providertoolkit/issues/entry?template=Feature%20request> or code
> patch to see new features implemented.
>
> On 19 Nov 2014, at 02:57, Doug Palmer <Doug.Palmer at csiro.au
> <mailto:Doug.Palmer at csiro.au>> wrote:
>
>> Hi IPTers,
>>
>> I'm looking for a way to access an IPT instance as a web service.
>> What I would like to do is poll for a list of the available resources
>> in some machine friendly form, such as JSON or XML and use it to
>> decide whether there have been any changes that I am interested in.
>>
>> I think that I can probably do it via playing around with the the RSS
>> feed but I would like to see if there is a more direct route that I
>> could take or an extension that someone has already developed.
>>
>> Doug Palmer

Atlas of Living Australia

*Doug Palmer*

Data Analyst
Atlas of Living Australia

National Facilities & Collections, Clunies Ross Street, Acton ACT 2601
GPO Box 1700, Canberra ACT 2601

Phone: +61 2 6218 3432 *|* Fax: +61 2 6426 4264

Doug.Palmer at csiro.au <mailto:Doug.Palmer at csiro.au> *|* www.ala.org.au
<http://www.ala.org.au>