[IPT] use of extensions; how can duplication of rows be avoided?

"Dröge, Gabriele" g.droege at BGBM.ORG
Wed Oct 23 13:39:15 CEST 2013

Dear all,

I have a general question on Darwin Core and the use of Darwin Core extensions.

E.g. I want to use the Occurrence Core and Simple Images with a mysql database.

Problem: Only a few of my occurrences have images. The Darwin Core Archive creates a large images file with all occurrence IDs and only a few have also Image urls.

But I did expect a file with the image urls only (so much shorter) and all occurrences (with or without image) in the occurrences file.

The same problem appears for the identification extension the other way round (duplication of occurrence rows for multiple identifications) and every other extension I've tested...

But I am a bit confused how this can be done with only one big sql query (with some left joins). Do I have to use multiple resources to use multiple sql queries? Or is this a problem/bug of IPT?

Best,
Gabi