[IPT] IPT behind firewall [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Kyle Braak [GBIF] kbraak at gbif.org
Wed Oct 2 15:39:26 CEST 2013

Dear Miles,

The IPT has to allow incoming connections from the outside world, and also needs an outgoing connection, at least to the GBIF Registry.

Possible solutions to your outgoing connection problem could be to:

1. Open the firewall (most likely with NAT) so that the IPT can access the GBIF network
2. Install a generic proxy (like Squid) and allow the IPT to access the GBIF network via this particular proxy

These types of connection/firewall issues are difficult to debug remotely. I suggest if these hints don't end up solving your problem, that we take the conversation private and look at your server settings together with the help of our system administrators.

Also, if you weren't aware of it, gbrdsdev.gbif.org is our test registry. This means that you have setup the IPT in test mode. If this isn't what you want, you have to reinstall the IPT selecting production mode at step 2 of installation. Further information about the proxy setting in the IPT, can also be found in the IPT User Manual here.

Cheers,

Kyle