[IPT] JDBC Connection to MS Access

Dan Lear dble at MBA.ac.uk
Mon Sep 10 21:54:12 CEST 2012

Hi,

I want to connect to a MS Access database to pull-in Source Data.

But get the following error:
Couldnt create new external datasource connection with JDBC Class=sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver, URL=jdbc:odbc:SMSGMR, user=. Error: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified

I have a local System DSN set up, but presumably need to bridge between ODBC and JDBC, so is this a problem that is fixed by editing jdbc.properties as detailed here: http://code.google.com/p/gbif-providertoolkit/wiki/IPT2DatabaseConnection

If not, can anyone enlighten me as to how to connect to an MS Access table?

Thanks
Dan