[IPT] Tomcat 7 documentation for IPT wiki

Laura Russell larussell at vertnet.org
Thu Oct 27 22:13:31 CEST 2011

In reference to the wiki page
(http://code.google.com/p/gbif-providertoolkit/wiki/IPTServerPreparation),
stating that Tomcat 7 doesn't work, I'm sending a link to the screenshots I
took when I installed Tomcat 7 on Win7-64 on June 14, 2011 so they can be
added to the wiki if you want since Tomcat 7 does at least work in the
Win7-64 configuration.

http://129.237.201.204/Tomcat7_Win7-64_Screens.zip  There are 17 screen
shots.  I think the only I did not capture was editing the tomcat-users.xml
file.  I used the tomcat web manager to deploy the ipt.war file.

Also including a link to the Tomcat7 IPT instance if you want to take a
look. This instance is my test instance that I use to demonstrate IPT to
institutions that we are considering hosting on our live VertNet IPT.
http://129.237.201.204:8080/ipt/

Let me know if you have any questions or need additional details.

Laura Russell
VertNet Programmer
Biodiversity Institute
University of Kansas