[IPT] About extensions

Tim Robertson (GBIF) trobertson at gbif.org
Mon May 16 16:39:00 CEST 2011

Hola Aurelio,

I am CC'ing a few people who I believe will be interested to know that
you are investigating a Darwin Core Archive extension for species
profiles using Plinian Core.

I believe this work will be of interest to both GBIF and EOL as there
has been a lot of thought and effort invested in the Plinian Core
vocabulary, and seeing this potentially materialize as an extension
for use in the GBIF IPT and other tools that support the Darwin Core
Archive is an exciting evolution.

The work I attach was by David Remsen primarily, who started this with
the interests of GBIF and EOL in mind.

We look forward to hearing about your findings, and especially where
we can be of assistance!

Best wishes,
Tim