[IPT] How to configure IPT with Apache mod_proxy?

Oliver Meyn (GBIF) omeyn at gbif.org
Mon May 2 16:06:45 CEST 2011

Hi Janno,

Sorry, my mistake for not reading your email closely enough.  Using a tomcat configured like your jetty (listening on 8080 with an app registered on the path /ipt/)
my apache is configured like so, and admin functions work for me (so the url in my case is http://www.domain.com/ipt ):

        ProxyPreserveHost On
        ProxyPass /ipt http://localhost:8080/ipt
        ProxyPassReverse /ipt http://localhost:8080/ipt

Because the /ipt path is the same for apache and tomcat, in this case you don't need the reversecookiepath directive.  Let's see if that helps.

Cheers,
Oliver