[IPT] How to configure IPT with Apache mod_proxy?

janno jõgeva janno at ut.ee
Mon May 2 15:47:53 CEST 2011

Hi Oliver,

Well tried again - I have read these instructions a while back - they
seam to be same as before (Updated Jan 30, 2011 by
timrober... at gmail.com).

This set-up gets me to a state where shown on a picture in attachment.
I can log in to the system but graphical elements are not loaded.

If I have not understood something wrong then the configuration
suggested on the wiki page is going to forward all requests from / to
http://localhost:8080/ipt/
That doesn't sound right.
I have also looked into several jetty examples like this one here:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Configuring+mod_proxy

So why is ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/ipt/ needed in the
case of IPT?

My needed set-up should only forward requests from sitename.ee/ipt/ to
the IPT located on port 8080.
Other requests should be handled by Apache.

Best,
Janno