[IPT] How to configure IPT with Apache mod_proxy?

Tim Robertson (GBIF) trobertson at gbif.org
Sun May 1 20:26:44 CEST 2011

Dear Janno,

Welcome to the list.
To my knowledge you are the first that is using mod_proxy and also
using Jetty - I have only used modjk to bind tomcat to apache and
jetty during development.

You should not need to change any property files - those are internal
and controlled by the app itself - but your point on the property file
commentary is quite correct.

Because you have changed the addressable URL, the IPT needs to know of
it's new address.  You can change this in the admin section (top
option), or if you prefer, change the

> ipt.baseURL=http\://sitename.domain/ipt/

> ipt.baseURL=http\://sitename.domain

and restart.

If you have registered any resources with GBIF then afterwards you
need to go into the admin section and hit the "update metadata" button
to change all resource URLs in the GBIF registry.

I hope this helps and sorts your issues,
Tim