[IPT] VASCAN metadata can now be downloaded as RTF

Bruno Danis bruno.danis at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 08:57:35 CEST 2011

Hi Peter,
Hi all,

this is a really cool feature! this will definitely motivate a lot of people to publish data!

cheers,

Bruno

On 01 Jun 2011, at 22:57, Peter Desmet wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was intrigued by GBIF's announcement regarding publishing
> biodiversity data (http://bit.ly/m8hR6U), so I updated our IPT
> (http://ipt.canadensys.net) to 2.0.2 and republished our dataset
> (http://ipt.canadensys.net/resource.do?r=vascan). Users can now export
> the Database of Vascular Plants of Canada metadata as RTF
> (http://ipt.canadensys.net/rtf.do?r=vascan) and we could even submit
> this as a data paper to a Pensoft journal. Really cool and very easy!
>
> Good job IPT team!
>
> Peter
>
> PS: When I find some time, I'm going to dig a bit deeper in the RTF
> file and see how the EML->RTF transition went.
>
> --
> Peter Desmet
> Biodiversity Informatics Manager / Directeur de l'informatique de la
> biodiversité
> Biodiversity Centre / Centre sur la biodiversité de l'Université de Montréal
> Canadensys - www.canadensys.net
>
> Institut de recherche en biologie végétale
> Université de Montréal
> 4101 rue Sherbrooke est
> Montréal, Québec, H1X2B2
> Canada
>
> Télé / Phone: 514-343-6111 #82354
> Télécopie / Fax: 514-343-2288
> Email: peter.desmet at umontreal.ca / peter.desmet.cubc at gmail.com
> Skype: anderhalv
> Public profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/peterdesmet

Dr Bruno Danis

Identification platform: Antarctic Field Guide
afg.biodiversity.aq

Scientific Coordinator
www.biodiversity.aq
www.scarmarbin.be
Free and Open Access to Antarctic Biodiversity Data

Project Coordinator
GBIF Nodes Portal Toolkit (NPT)
http://code.google.com/p/gbif-npt/

Deputy Chief Officer
Standing Committee on Antarctic Data Management
scadm.scar.org

http://antarcticbiodiversity.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=203309517162&ref=ts
http://twitter.com/biodiversityaq