[IPT] digir/tapirlink useful features ... Howto in IPT?

Herbario SANT sant.herbarium at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 00:26:39 CET 2011

Thanks for your answer Markus.

What I am trying to figure out is the best way to reconfigure an IPT
when for some reason the server stops working (we buy a new computer,
we migrate from/to windows to/from linux, or something alike). How to
restore everything fastly and safely?
I used to keep copies of some xml files when using digir/tapirlink,
and this was a reasonably easy task to do. But what about IPT?

One more question regarding digir/tapirlink versus IPT:

It was possible to launch direct xml queries to them, so I could
construct a web server to show inventories or specific searches of an
specific data provider. How can I do this with IPT? I haven't looked
in detail but I guess the only way to get data from IPT is downloading
full datasets

Nobody else has requested this feature?
Would it be possible to have something like this built in IPT, without
reducing IPT performance a lot? (even with a different technic but
similar client interface services):
http://tapirlink.berkeley.edu/tapir_client.php
http://algae.manoa.hawaii.edu/database/lib/tapirlink/www/tapir_client.php

Thanks for your answers