[IPT] IPT configuration question

"José Cuadra (GBIF)" jcuadra at gbif.org
Tue Aug 17 15:04:16 CEST 2010

Hi Jens,

Thanks for the report. I am suspecting this is caused by an invalid
registry URL in the IPT, so allow me to give a brief explanation that
might help you troubleshoot the problem:

As the IPT needs to connect to the GBIF Registry to register itself
into the GBIF Network, we have created a "sandbox" registry for any
IPT tests installations that are around there. I am assuming you
downloaded the IPT at the google code site (ipt-1.0-RC3.war), and by
default this points to this "sandbox" registry, but the URL provided
in the IPT is no longer valid, so here is the process to make your
installation work:

If you are confident enough that you want to register your IPT
instance into the GBIF Registry, then please follow this procedure and
everything should be fine after this:

1) Stop tomcat
2) Go into $tomcat_home/webapps/ipt/WEB-INF/classes/ipt.properties
	- There is a line that reads:

				# Needs to conform to the GBIF registry API at http://code.google.com/p/gbif-registry/w/list
				registryUrl=http://gbrds.gbif.org/registrydev

	- You need to change the "registryUrl" attribute to http://gbrds.gbif.org/registry

	- If you just want to test your IPT with a fake registration to GBIF,
then change it to http://gbrdsdev.gbif.org/registry

3) Save the ipt.properties file
4) Start tomcat
5) It should work now.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
José Cuadra
Programmer
GBIF Secretariat - Universitetsparken 15, 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
http://www.gbif.org
Tel.:  +45 35 32 14 88 / Fax: +45 35 32 14 80