[IPT] Set of short presentations about IPT

Alberto González-Talaván (GBIF) atalavan at gbif.org
Tue Oct 13 11:47:19 CEST 2009

Dear friends of the IPT list,

During the last meeting of the GBIF Governing Board we had a 1,5 hours
session on the IPT addressed to GBIF Node Managers (those in charge of
coordinating the biodiversity information networks that form GBIF).

We tried to keep this session basic in the technical level, but informative
for anyone who is evaluating the IPT as an alternative for biodiversity data
publishing. I would like to share with you the presentations displayed
during that season. I hope you can use them in future IPT promotional
activities. There are 6 very short presentations, that could be easily
merged into a single one if needed.

The original presentations are in English. Does anyone volunteer to
translate them into other languages and share them with the community? If
you are interested drop me an email and we will coordinate the efforts!

The presentations are hosted in the GBIF Community Site, that is still in
its closed alpha testing phase. Once the open beta testing starts, I trust
we will used it also for interactions regarding the IPT. I will inform the
list when this happens.

With best regards

Alberto

1.- Introduction:

http://elggtest.gbif.org/pg/file/atalavan/read/2400/ipt-training-introductio

2.- Basic requirements to have an IPT installation

http://elggtest.gbif.org/pg/file/atalavan/read/2407/ipt-training-basic-requi
rements

3.- IPT Data Interfaces

http://elggtest.gbif.org/pg/file/atalavan/read/2414/ipt-training-data-interf
aces

4.- IPT User Interface

http://elggtest.gbif.org/pg/file/atalavan/read/2421/ipt-training-user-interf
ace

5.- Customisation and internationalisation of the GBIF IPT

http://elggtest.gbif.org/pg/file/atalavan/read/2428/ipt-training-customisati
on-and-internationalisation

6.- Extensions

http://elggtest.gbif.org/pg/file/atalavan/read/2435/ipt-training-extensions

Alberto GONZÁLEZ TALAVÁN

Training Officer

Global Biodiversity Information Facility Secretariat

Universitetsparken 15

DK-2100 Copenhagen, Denmark

email:  <mailto:atalavan at gbif.org> atalavan at gbif.org

web: http://www.gbif.org/