[IPT] IPT connection problem

Tim Robertson trobertson at gbif.org
Mon May 11 10:49:06 CEST 2009

Hi Mickael,

Please always post questions to the list, to help us keep an FAQ up to
date and allow for others to search etc.

I have just tested it myself with the following:

Database connection URL: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/portal
Database User: tim
Database Password: password

and it worked... so, to get started debugging your issue may I please
ask some basic questions:

- You wrote "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/databasename" - is your
database name correct?
- You are running the IPT on the same machine as the database?
- You are using mysql?

Cheers,

Tim