[IPT] IPT on linux.

"Markus Döring (GBIF)" mdoering at gbif.org
Mon Aug 17 18:28:51 CEST 2009

at GBIF we run it on red hat using java5 and tomcat 5.5 as well as
java6 and tomcat6.

On Ubuntu some security settings have been reported as problematic:
http://lists.gbif.org/pipermail/ipt/2009-February/000021.html

On some linuxes including JBoss there have been reports about wrong
shared xml libraries in the application server that had to be removed:

1) downloaded 5.1.0GA from http://jboss.org/jbossas/downloads/
2) copied an extract IPT war to "jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy"
	I used the extracted IPT from my tomcat/webapps, but you could also
use stuffit, winzip etc to extract the war contents.
3) removed the offending jar from the IPT (/WEB-INF/lib/xml-
apis-1.0.b2.jar)
4) copied the commons-logging-1.0.4.jar from (/WEB-INF/lib to
jboss-5.1.0.GA/common/lib)
5) provided some decent memory configuration to JBoss
	export JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx3G -Xms256m -XX:PermSize=128m"
6) started JBoss (./run.sh)

Markus