[IPT] IPT Documentation

Baillargeon, Guy Guy.Baillargeon at AGR.GC.CA
Wed Apr 1 15:36:36 CEST 2009

Dear Tim
Thank you for your explanation.
I will need to hire a consultant as I do not have local expertise on Java.

I will contact you later for more details on what this would entail.

Yours sincerely
GB-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Robertson [mailto:trobertson at gbif.org]
Sent: March 18, 2009 11:36
To: Baillargeon, Guy
Cc: IPT at lists.gbif.org
Subject: Re: [IPT] IPT Documentation

Dear Guy,

The IPT accommodates internationalization.  Translations are provided
in simple properties files and we would welcome any translations you
could provide.

Regarding styling, it will require some development from your side as
the IPT application does not itself allow for this level of
configuration.  A style is encapsulated in a "theme" and would require
mainly CSS development, and a custom packaging of the product
including your specific theme to give to data publishers.  A quick
glance through your guidelines suggest that you might have to do some
basic development which includes links to institutions etc.  The IPT
is released under an open source license so it would be quite feasible
to customise it for your needs.

The initial documentation will focus on typical use, and will not
cover such a specific topic such as development of the IPT.  I would
propose that when communities start developing on top of the IPT
platform, this documentation becomes available through community
collaboration - WIKIs etc.

Very best wishes,

Tim