[Hosted-Portals] Help to use the documentation layout and the nice left menu

Camila Andrea Plata Corredor cplata at humboldt.org.co
Fri Feb 26 19:29:24 UTC 2021

Dear all,

I have been trying to use the documentation layout as seen at the base
theme (https://hp-base-theme.gbif-staging.org/layout/documentation), it
looks perfect for long and complex documents but I haven't been able to
make it work.

I do get the right navigation menu in this and any other layout using toc:
true, but not the left navigation menu which is the most interesting
feature of this theme. I tried to emulate the .md of the theme (
https://github.com/gbif/jekyll-hp-base-theme/edit/master/pages/layout/documentation.md)
and played around with several options such as permatlink: , sidebar:, and
bringing external docs with the option {% include_relative xxxx.md %} but
It did not work. For the available examples, I think that probably the left
navigation menu needs to be configured externally.

How can I make proper use of the documentation layout? How can I configure
the left navigation menu?

This is the doc in which I'm doing trials:
https://github.com/gbif/hp-colombian-biodiversity/blob/master/footer/terminosCondiciones/TerminosCondiciones.md

Thank you in advance

C.
--