[GloBI] Ontology of Biotic Interactions?

Jorrit Poelen jhpoelen at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 21 03:59:05 CET 2018

Hey John -

Like Robert (hi Robert!) mentioned, GloBI is also using the OBO
Relations Ontology for defining biotic and abiotic interaction types,
just like many other projects.

I've been attempting to collect my thoughts on data format and models at
https://github.com/jhpoelen/globis-b-interactions/blob/master/text/on-species-interaction-data-models-and-formats.md
. In my experience, an effective way to figure out how to capture/share
your data is to use what you have today (as is!) and try to integrate a
subset of it with other projects (like GloBI, GBIF).

Your projects sounds very similar to other projects that have already
been integrated into GloBI - a mix of specimen and literature data with
their own way of describing interaction terms.

Do you have some samples that you can share so that I can get a sense of
what you currently have?

thx,

-jorrit

https://globalbioticinteractions.org