[GBIF-Asia] [GBIF Asia data mobilization workshop] 2023 Interest survey

Asia Support asia_support at gbif.org
Thu May 25 10:06:23 UTC 2023

Dear friends of GBIF Asia community,

We are writing to inform you that we are planning to organize a GBIF biodiversity data mobilization workshop in Asia 2023. The workshop would include the topics of project management, biodiversity data capture, data management and data publication. This will be based on the biodiversity data mobilization course that is also available online<https://docs.gbif.org/course-data-mobilization/en/index.en.html>. Upon successful completion of the workshop course and assignments, either a basic badge or an advanced badge would be awarded depending upon the performance. Anyone working in biodiversity data and would like to publish for open access would be a suitable participant for the workshop.

We are sharing with you a link to the google form. This is just a quick survey to see if there is enough interest among the Asian biodiversity community for the data mobilization workshop. Please kindly share the word and the link with anyone you think would be interested in participating in the workshop and obtaining a badge within your network. Here is the link to the form that will only take two minutes to fill: https://bit.ly/23-asia-dm-interest

We are aiming to collect interest by mid June so we would request anyone interested to please submit the form as soon as possible.

If you have any question, you are welcome to join our office hour<https://ufl.zoom.us/j/94020649634> that runs every Thursday from:

16:00 Tokyo/Seoul (GMT+9)

15:00 Manila/Beijing/Taipei/Singapore (GMT+8)

14:00 Hanoi/Phnom Penh/Jakarta (GMT+7)

12:45 Kathmandu (GMT+5:45)

12:30 Mumbai (GMT+5:30)

12:00 Islamabad (GMT+5:00)