[COL-Users] Synonyms missing in coldp download of CoL

Markus Döring mdoering at gbif.org
Mon Feb 12 11:42:47 UTC 2024

Dear Raffael,

ColDP downloads use the NameUsage schema which collapses accepted taxa, synonyms and name into a single entity/file NameUsage.tsv:
https://github.com/CatalogueOfLife/coldp/blob/master/README.md#nameusage

You can identify synonyms by their status which is either "synonym" or "ambiguous synonym". For synonyms the parentID column points to the accepted name.

Thanks for asking,

Markus