[COL-Users] Unstable COL identifiers in latest October release

Erikjan Rijkers er at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 24 16:06:39 UTC 2023

Op 11/24/23 om 16:28 schreef Markus Döring via COL-Users:
> Hello,
>
> I am extremely glad to inform you that we have just published the new November edition of the Catalogue of Life Checklist, which has reverted its identifiers to use the previous stable and short ones as we used to know them:
> <https://preview.catalogueoflife.org/2023/11/24/release>

Hi Markus,

The usual structure of files, with Taxon.tsv as the main one, is not in
this download, and this new file looks quite a bit smaller, suspiciously
so.  Is this as expected?

-rw-r--r-- 1 xxx xxx 1.3G Aug 17 21:41 20230817/Taxon.tsv
-rw-r--r-- 1 xxx xxx 1.3G Sep 14 15:47 20230914/Taxon.tsv
-rw-r--r-- 1 xxx xxx 325M Nov 24 12:25 20231124/dataset-278910.tsv

(files as always from https://download.checklistbank.org/col/ )

Thank you,

Erikjan Rijkers