[Bid-community] Introduction - The Mauritius Herbarium

Jean Ganglo ganglocj at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 20:53:03 CET 2017

Dear Claudia,

I am happy to read you. Don't hesitate to contact me if I am useful for
your initiatives.

My best regards

Yours sincerely

Jean

>:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am Claudia Baider, Brazilian-born working in Mauritius for over 15 years.
>
> I am currently in charge of The Mauritius Herbarium. My main research
> interest is in the conservation of biodiversity in tropical terrestrial
> systems focusing on the Amazon, the Atlantic forests and, more recently,
> the Mascarenes (located within the Madagascar and SW Indian Ocean
> Biodiversity hotspot) where I investigate the impact of invasive alien
> species on its biodiversity. I am also interested in restoration ecology
> and taxonomy of Mascarene flowering plants.
>
> Over the last decade, The Mauritius Herbarium has databased and barcoded
> most of its collections. Our aim now is to apply international standards
> for making data available on our website, and in a regional and global
> portals. We are also working with a local NGO that is is spearheading a
> project on organic farming that wishes to make the results of this project
> available local and internationally. We received a BID-AFRICA 2017 grant
> (BID-AF2017-0316-SMA) for the project 'Getting the plants to all:
> dissemination of information from the collection of The Mauritius
> Herbarium" (https://www.gbif.org/project/aRCxBBF1BYU2C0us62ea4/getting-
> the-plants-to-all-dissemination-of-information-from-the-collection-of-the-
> mauritius-herbarium).
>
> With my best wishes, Claudia

> Dr Claudia Baider, The Mauritius Herbarium, RE Vaughan Building (MSIRI
> compound), Agricultural Services, Ministry of Agro-Industry and Food
> Security. Reduit, Postal code 80835, Mauritius. Phone +(230) 4541061
> <+230%20454%201061>. https://scholar.google.com/
> citations?user=dpFq8_8AAAAJ&hl=en

Jean C. GANGLO
Professor of Forestry and Plant sociology.
Director of the Laboratory of Forest Sciences.
Faculty of Agricultural Sciences
University of Abomey-Calavi (Benin)
Node Manager of GBIF in Benin.
BP 1493 Calavi, Benin
E-mail: ganglocj at gmail.com
Tel: 00229 66 36 37 70 / 00229 94 57 89 15
Skype: ganglocossi