[Bid-community] Introducing Larissa Smirnova

Smirnova Larissa larissa.smirnova at africamuseum.be
Mon Aug 22 12:06:59 CEST 2016

Hi all!

My name is Larissa Smirnova. I work at the Royal Museum for Central Africa, Tervuren, Belgium in the department of Biological collections and data management. I have been involved in several digitization-related projects, including BHL-Europe (Biodiversity Heritage Library EU project, http://www.bhl-europe.eu/) and the OpenUp! (http://open-up.eu/en) projects. Both projects focused on Digital Libraries and their contribution to EUROPEANA (http://www.europeana.eu/portal/en). I have also been involved in Synthesys II and III (http://www.synthesys.info/) where our museum was responsible for the organization of trainings in the domain of collection management and for the digitization of biological collections; and biodiversity information-related projects  such as CABIN (Central African Biodiversity Information Network, http://193.190.223.52/index.php/Main_Page) and EU BON (www.eubon.eu). For EU BON, RMCA is Task Leader for Data sharing tools and the organization of trainings on tools adopted by the EU BON project.
I have experience in the  domain of digitization, associated content (best practice) and metadata, and the use of data sharing and data publishing tools (IPT, Pensoft Journals, PlutoF data management platform), use of standards and data quality.

I would like to share my experiences with you and help where I can!

Best regards,

Larissa