[Bid-community] Introducing María Mora

Maria Auxiliadora Mora mmora at inbio.ac.cr
Thu Aug 11 23:20:27 CEST 2016

Hi everyone:

I am María Mora.  I live in Costa Rica and I work at the National
Biodiversity Institute (INBio) as a research associate (my background is
Computer Science).  I have been working at INBio for more than 23 years.
INBio is a non-governmental, non-profit, public interest organization of
civil society that works in collaboration with different government
institutions, universities, the private sector and other public and private
organizations, both within and outside Costa Rica (more information at
www.inbio.ac.cr).  I have participated in the development and
implementation of systems at INBio, at the national level (for instance the
national data portal www.crbio.cr) and internationally.

I have been part of the delegation of Costa Rica to GBIF since 2001 (as
Node Manager and Head of Delegation), served as a Vice-Chair of the GBIF
Participant Node Managers Committee and acted as the Regional
Representative for Latin American countries to GBIF. Additionally, I have
been involved in capacity building activities since 1998.

I hope to learn and share experiences in biodiversity informatics in this
community.

María Mora
mariamoracross at gmail.com