[API-users] Occurrence download API throwing 406 errors

Matthew Blissett mblissett at gbif.org
Tue Dec 4 12:47:06 CET 2018

Hi all,

The old behaviour (before 3 December):

- Download requests had to have "Accept: application/json" or no accept
header.

- The response would be "Content-Type: application/json" although the
actual content would be text like "0000077-181127163650858"

 From 3 December until now was only text/plain.

New behaviour (as from a few minutes ago):

- Download requests can have either "Accept: application/json", "Accept:
text/plain", or no accept header at all.

- The response Content-Type will be the same as the Accept header, or
text/plain if there was none.

That should fix the original problem [1], but remain compatible for
libraries that currently have a workaround for the current behaviour.

Cheers,

Matt

[1] https://lists.gbif.org/pipermail/api-users/2017-May/000457.html