[API-users] Broken Endpoint?

Daniel Noesgaard dnoesgaard at gbif.org
Wed Jul 19 13:51:27 CEST 2017

Hi,

I’m not sure about the species endpoint, but this might get you what you need:

http://api.gbif.org/v1/occurrence/search?taxon_key={int}&media_type=StillImage

e.g http://api.gbif.org/v1/occurrence/search?taxon_key=212&media_type=StillImage gives you 682,964 bird occurrences with associated images.

/Daniel

On 19/07/2017, 13.12, "API-users on behalf of Sandy Cheeks" <api-users-bounces at lists.gbif.org on behalf of viper_gx at web.de> wrote:

    Hi,

    the /species/{int}/media endpoint seems to be broken. The result set is
    alway empty, even for the ID linked in the examples under
    http://www.gbif.org/developer/species . In December 2016, I was able to
    get plenty of Images for different bird-species through the API, but now
    this is not possible anymore. I need to do this because I am trying to
    train an AI used for image classification in context of my master's thesis.

    Could somebody tell me if anything changed and I'm doing something wrong
    or I am right and the empty result really is caused by an error on the
    server-side?

    Thanks you in advance, Dayzd