[API-users] API for batch calling GBIF id -> checklist ID

Matthew Blissett mblissett at gbif.org
Wed Feb 22 12:29:30 CET 2017

Hi,

Adding to what Markus says:

Many (perhaps most, or even almost all) duplicate IPNI records have been
linked in IPNI, so 391732-1 is indeed the correct one. This work is more
recent than the 2009 export to GBIF, so GBIF still has the duplicates.
The IPNI website displays the links, but unfortunately doesn't show it
in the RDF format.

You can run 2 million queries against our API, this should not be a
problem.  When we are crawling large datasets, we average around 500
requests/second to the species API.  Try using several parallel
connections, if it's too slow otherwise.

Cheers,

Matt