[API-users] GBIF API requests limit

Markus Döring mdoering at gbif.org
Fri Dec 1 09:10:57 CET 2017

Hi Akshat,

there is no rate limit to the main API. If you are planning on hammering it real badly please give us a short notice when and how so we can monitor it.
The only throttled area are occurrence downloads which need authentication. These are queued and downloads from the same users are sequentially.
Search requests have a deep paging limit documented on our site.

Enjoy,
Markus